Try your hand at these Cinnamon rolls; they are so tasty, not very hard to make at all, and just require some time!
1/4 cup water
3/4 cups milk
1 (.25 ounce) package active rapid rise dry yeast
3/4 cups white sugar1 tablespoon Cinnamon
1/2 cups softened butter (separated)
2 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/3 cup milk
1- 1 & 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1. Proof yeast in water, make sure the temperature is between 100-110 degrees Fahrenheit. Add 1 tablespoon of sugar to mixture; stir and set aside for 10 min.
3. If the yeast mixture has bubbled and frothed, add to the wet ingredients & proceed, or start another proof with a new packet.
5. Knead the dough until smooth, then set in a greased bowl to rise for up to an hour in a warm place. Dough should nearly double in size.
6. After the 1st rise, knead dough back down and roll out with a rolling pin. Spread butter over the dough and sprinkle with filling mixture.
7. Roll dough into a log; lightly wetting the seam with water will give the log a good seal on the edges. Cut the log into 1" pieces; using dental floss is easiest. Set the rolls into a lightly greased pan and set aside to rise again in a warm place for the 2nd rise.
8. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and bake for approximately 30 minutes. Start checking for browning of the tops as an indicator of being done around 20-25 minutes. If you stick a toothpick in the center of the dough on a roll and it comes out clean, they are done.
9. After icing is mixed and rolls have cooled slightly, top the rolls with the glaze and you are all set!