I made these Coconut pancakes for my family last week, and they flew off the counter! I have made several variations on this, but this most recent version has been the favorite so far! Living on the island, I've been a little bit more aware of adding "tropical flares" to my food. Sergio is happy, because he is a big coconut lover!
1/4 c all purpose flour
1/4 c coconut flour
1 c whole wheat flour
1/4 c flaxseed meal
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp agave nectar
2 1/4 c milk
2 tbsp melted coconut oil
1) Preheat griddle/pan on medium-low heat while you mix batter.
2) Mix together dry ingredients.
3) Beat eggs into milk in a separate bowl, then add oil.
4) gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry and mix just enough to moisten. (a few small lumps are OK!)
5) Cook just like any other pancake, on a greased griddle/pan, flipping whenever the underside looks thoroughly cooked.
6) Top with coconut syrup and flakes.
7) ENJOY your taste of the tropics! ;)